Ashu helps lead TA’s investments in technology and technology-enabled services companies in North America.
Ashu has been a technology private equity investor since 2001 and has been an active investor in a number of application, infrastructure, security, and vertical-market software and systems companies.
- Deep domain experience in most sub-sectors of technology
- Expertise across transaction types having sponsored multiple investments in each of the following categories - minority investments in founder-run companies, buyouts of founder-owned companies, public to private transactions, corporate divisional carve-outs and recapitalization of venture capital / private equity owned companies
- Actively served on the boards of 15 technology companies in the last decade
- Assisted portfolio companies with organic growth initiatives, accretive strategic acquisitions, material divestitures and capital markets financing / recapitalization transactions
- Francisco Partners – Principal
- Goldman, Sachs & Co. – Investment Banking
- Harvard Business School – MBA with High Distinction (Baker Scholar)
- Cornell University – MEng, Operations Research and Industrial Engineering
- Cornell University – BS, summa cum laude, Computer Science
- Maintenance Connection
- Prometheus Group
- Prior to TA: EF Johnson Technologies, Grass Valley, Mincom, Primavera Systems and WatchGuard Technologies
- Reading Partners, Silicon Valley