1. Our Commitment to Privacy
2. The Information We Collect and How We Use It
Information we collect automatically: TA Associates’ server collects certain information about your use of, and interaction with, the Site, including information about how users are directed to our Site and visitor paths through the Site (which helps us improve Site design and usefulness), unique visitors and Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses (used to improve our level of service and the content of our Site). We also collect certain information through cookies, described below. TA Associates does not collect any personal data that can be used to directly identify you, such as names, home addresses or e-mail addresses.
TA Associates will process personal data collected through the Site as necessary for our legitimate business interests to improve your experience on our Site and, where applicable, to comply with a legal obligation. TA Associates will not use personal data for activities where the impact on individuals overrides our interests, unless you provide consent or those activities are otherwise required or permitted by law.
Types of Cookies Used. The Site uses the following technologies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: We use session cookies to provide you with the services available through the Site and to use some of their features. These cookies are served by TA Associates and are essential for using and navigating the Site. Without these cookies, basic functions of the Site would not work. Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Site, you cannot refuse them.
- Functionality: We use session cookies to enhance the performance and functionality of the Site. For example, we track a user’s filters so that when the user has filtered the Portfolio page and clicks into a detail page (e.g. company description page), the back button takes the user back to the original filtered status instead of starting over. These cookies are not essential for using and navigating the Site. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable. You can block or delete these cookies by changing the browser settings as explained under the “Your Choices” section below.
Your Choices. To withdraw your consent after accepting cookies, change the configuration of your browser to not accept cookies and delete any existing cookies. For more information on cookies and deletion of cookies, please visit: www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please note that if you limit the ability of the Site to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site.
3. California Do Not Track Disclosure
4. How We Share Data
TA Associates may share your data as follows:
- With service providers including analytics providers (e.g. Google Analytics, Visitor Track), search engine providers, providers of hosting, cloud services providers and other information technology services providers who assist TA Associates in the improvement and optimization of the Site;
- To comply with legal obligations, and legal processes and procedures.
5. International Data Transfers
TA Associates is based in the United States and the information collected through the Site will be stored on servers located in the United States as necessary to enable you to navigate and use our Site, and the data may be transmitted to our service providers supporting our business operations (described above). The laws of the United States may not afford your information the same privacy rights as the country or jurisdiction in which you are located. We will take steps to ensure that your information receives an adequate level of security protection where it is processed and your rights continue to be protected. Some of our service providers (such as Google Inc.) are certified to the Privacy Shield, a framework operated by the U.S. Department of Commerce that permits to transfer personal data outside the EEA or, as applicable, Switzerland, to certified companies in accordance with EEA data protection law (for more information visit: https://www.privacyshield.gov).
6. Additional Information for EEA Users
TA Associates is the data controller for personal data collected through this Site. You may contact us or our EU-based representative as described under the “Contact Information” section below.
Individuals subject to the European data protection laws have certain rights which may be subject to limitations and/or restrictions. These rights include the right to: (i) request access to and rectification or erasure of personal data, (ii) obtain restriction of processing or object to processing of personal data; and (iii) data portability. Individuals subject to the European data protection laws also have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of their personal data to the relevant data protection authority. You can exercise your rights by contacting us as described under the "Contact Information" section below.
7. Data Retention
To determine the appropriate retention period for your personal data, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we use your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
The Site is not directed to children who are under the age of 13. TA Associates does not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal data to TA Associates through the Site, please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
9. Notification of Changes
10. Contact Information
If you are an individual in the EU, you can also contact TA Associates (UK), LLP, who has been appointed as TA Associates’ representative in the EU pursuant to Article 27 of the General Data Protection Regulation, only on matters related to the processing of personal data activities that take place in the EU. To make such an inquiry, please contact TA Associates (UK), LLP at firstname.lastname@example.org.